Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring in the Air... Hanami watching and Spring Events!

IMG_1736

Weather hasn't been kind to us this spring (though the previous weekend was beautiful!). I hope you've all been enjoying the spring flowers all throughout town at least? I took this photo on my IPhone last year after a very tiring shift at work and it definitely put my mind at ease (if only for my 30 minute break!). Though it's grey out there, I've noticed lots of cherry blossoms blooming around so I hope to be able to enjoy some of it this year. Although it's not as culturally significant here in North America, hanami (flower watching in Japanese) is very popular over there with millions of people flocking to parks all over Japan to have picnics, take photos, and occasionally drinking sake in public. In Vancouver, we have our own celebration of hanami in the form of the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival.

Anyways, back to the meat of things! I am proud to announce some events that Kawaii Eats will be participating in for the next 2 months! It's going to be an exciting (and delicious!) spring! Here are the dates:




Sakura Days Japan Fair (April 7th - 8th)
sakuradays

Where: VanDusen Gardens
Time: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Website: http://japanfairvancouver.com

I am super stoked about this event as it is my first major event! I've been to this festival in previous years and there is always something wonderful to see or something delicious to eat! Adult admission is $10 and children are $6.50. Full details are on the website.


Celebrate Spring 2012  (April 14th)
Nikkei_nmcc_rgb_sm2

Where: National Nikkei Museum & Heritage Centre
Time: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Website: http://www.nikkeiplace.org/

Another first time vendor here, however, I loved the reception from Kotatsu 2012. Come out for some family fun events and multicultural spring celebration!


Indulge n' Dance at W2 Cafe (April 14th)
indulge

Where: W2 Media Cafe and Performance Centre
Time: 8:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Website: http://socialbites.ca/pb/wp_f011e53b/wp_f011e53b.html

Alright ladies (and gentlemen!) get ready for a whole new sweet tooth eating, drinking, and dancing experience! Annika Reinhardt of Social Bites is forging a whole new party involving sweets from 7 up and coming pastry chefs in the Lower Mainland. I'll be serving up my trademark Matcha macarons with White Chocolate Yuzu ganache for this event. Tickets are $18 and you can buy them online or at the door and additional sweets (of 3) can be purchased for $6.


Got Craft? (May 6th)
GC Spring May 6 front

Where: Royal Canadian Legion 2205 Commercial Drive, Vancouver 
Time: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Website: http://gotcraft.com/vancouver


I've heard lots about this event so I'm looking forward in being part of such a vibrant craft community. The first 50 attendees will get a much coveted free swag bag with a special treat from Kawaii Eats! ;)




I look forward to seeing many familiar and new faces this year. Market dates will be up soon as I will be participating in the Artisan Markets in Ambleside Park, Lonsdale Quay, and Burnaby, as well as the Granville Island Farmer's Markets starting all in June! Dates will follow soon! Have fun this spring and enjoy some hanami!

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I write you first for the wonderful and addictive colorful blog and then to nominate you for a wonderful prize "the versatile blogger" ( I know we don't know each other and I am not a sponsor company or whatsoever), so you only (if you want of course) have to check out my blog and follow the steps

    have a great day and a wonderfurl 2014

    Bye

    ReplyDelete